As the June statewide and assembly primary election results rolled in, it became abundantly clear that NYLCV’s endorsed candidates did exceptionally well! That means the environment won!
Governor Kathy Hochul’s history as an environmental champion was approved by the voters. With her accomplishments ranging from increasing the size of the Clean Water, Clean Air, and Green Jobs Environmental Bond Act to requiring all school buses statewide to be 100% zero-emission by 2035 it’s no wonder why she is our pick for Governor.
Re-electing leaders who have shown a track record of prioritizing climate action is fundamental to our movement’s success. That’s why we were so pleased to see NYLCV endorsed incumbents win almost entirely across the board.
NYLCV Endorsed Incumbent June Primary Winners:
- Governor Kathy Hochul
- Assemblymember David Weprin
- Assemblymember Andrew Hevesi
- Assemblymember Ron Kim
- Assemblymember Emily Gallagher
- Assemblymember Erik Martin Dilan
- Assemblymember Latrice Walker
- Assemblymember Phara Souffrant Forrest
- Assemblymember Charles Fall
- Assemblymember Deborah Glick
- Assemblymember Eddie Gibbs
- Assemblymember Al Taylor
- Assemblymember Manny De Los Santos
- Assemblymember Rebecca Seawright
- Assemblymember Jeffrey Dinowitz
- Assemblymember Michael Benedetto
- Assemblymember Angelo Santabarbara
And there’s always room for new partners— that’s why we’re especially excited to help elect newly crowned primary victors Dana Levenberg and Tony Simone to the New York State Assembly.
We look forward to supporting these environmental leaders in November and working with them on NYLCV’s policy agenda.
By Casey Petrashek