The New York League of Conservation Voters is the only statewide environmental organization in New York that fights for clean water, clean air, renewable energy and open space through political action. We’re non-partisan, pragmatic and effective. Along with its sister organizations, the NYLCV Education Fund, NYLCV Gives Green and NYLCV PAC, we educate the public about a broad range of important issues, evaluate the performance of elected officials, and endorse and elect by campaigning for the passage of laws during the legislative season and candidates in the electoral season.
We are seeking a highly organized individual to join our staff as Special Assistant. This position will have three primary responsibilities:
- Work closely with the President to provide executive assistant support.
- Serve as the coordinator for the organization’s Boards and Chapters.
- General office management.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, meticulously attentive to details, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide executive assistant support for the President including scheduling, travel coordination, organizing and submitting expenses.
- Provide organizational support for staff, including onboarding, calendar management, reimbursements and bill payments with accountant and senior staff, and event support.
- Serve as Board liaison, including:
- Scheduling, coordinating, preparing materials and taking meeting minutes for quarterly Board, executive committee, and Chapter meetings.
- Onboarding of new Board members.
- Maintaining Board lists and contact sheets.
- Office management, including: managing office supplies , coordinating technology support, maintaining the kitchen and other common areas, distributing mail and packages, liaison to subtenants and building management
- Highly organized, attentive to details, and adept at multitasking.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to pivot quickly and work for several people.
- Strong computer proficiency, including: Microsoft Office and Google Workspace. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database experience preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary range ($42,000 – $50,000) commensurate with experience. NYLCV also provides paid holidays and vacation, 401k plan, commuter benefits, and health/dental/vision benefits.
This job is in person and located at NYLCV’s headquarters at 30 Broad Street, 30th Floor, NY, NY 10004, with very limited travel. On mutual agreement, there is flexibility for some remote work.
NYLCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applications from all interested parties.