The New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (NYLCVEF) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization committed to educating, engaging, and empowering New Yorkers to effectively advocate for the environment. We achieve our mission through educational publications, public policy forums, nonpartisan candidate activities, and civic engagement campaigns. Together with our sister organization, the New York League of Conservation Voters and a network of statewide partners, NYLCVEF advances an agenda to combat climate change, protect public health from air and water pollution, and preserve our state’s open spaces and abundant natural resources.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Coordinator will support the development and implementation of NYLCVEF’s varied educational programs throughout New York State. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain experience in environmental policy, civic engagement, and program development. This position will play a key role in the organization’s success by assisting with the following activities:
- Developing strategic programs that are aligned with NYLCV and NYLCVEF’s policy agendas and have clear goals and objectives.
- Working with partner organizations and building new partnerships on joint programs and projects.
- Managing program logistics, including planning public events, coordinating with speakers, and developing agendas.
Program Development (40%)
- Assist with the planning and implementation of environmental education programs, including public forums, candidate forums, and civic engagement activities that align with our strategic plan and sustainability agendas.
- Schedule meetings with partners and potential partners on current and future programs.
- Brainstorm creative ways to engage New Yorkers in and outside of NYLCVEF’s chapter areas (New York City, Westchester, Long Island and the Capital Region) on statewide and local sustainability issues.
- Implement a program plan from start to finish, including post-event follow-up and evaluation.
- Participate in regular meetings with leadership and policy staff on top priorities.
Program Implementation (40%)
- Coordinate logistics with venues, speakers, and other vendors for educational events.
- Work with Communications staff to draft invitations and other marketing materials to drive event attendance.
- Manage day-of details for programs.
- Evaluate program success and provide feedback.
- Follow-up with venues, attendees, and participations following events and brainstorm ways to keep members engaged.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Assist the Director of Programs on fundraising tasks as needed, including grant writing and reporting.
- Draft invitations, sponsor letters, and program concepts.
- Manage and update planning documents for all programs.
- Keep organized and accessible files and folders for all of NYLCVEF’s programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent nonprofit experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Skilled communicator: excellent writer, active listener, and articulate speaker.
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to travel approximately once a month to chapter areas.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues and network building.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
Health, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match and TransitChek are available.
Start Date: October 1, 2019
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000, Commensurate with experience
How To Apply