The New York League of Conservation Voters (NYLCV) is one of the state’s leading environmental organizations. Together with our sister organization, the NYLCV Education Fund, we advance a bold agenda to combat climate change, protect public health from air and water pollution, and preserve our state’s open spaces and abundant natural resources. In recent years, NYLCV and NYLCV Education Fund have played a major role in securing passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, a $3 billion environmental bond proposal for voter approval this November, congestion pricing in New York City, a statewide plastic bag ban, and more. We educate voters, elected officials, and the business community about our state’s most pressing environmental policy issues and convene forums that bring together stakeholders from all sectors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager will support a range of fundraising efforts for NYLCV and NYLCV Education Fund’s general operations and programs. This position will play a key role in the organization’s success by assisting with the following activities:
- Building organizational capacity by conducting prospect research on foundations, companies, and individuals.
- Helping the organization expand its portfolio of foundation supporters through grant writing, relationship building, and strategizing.
- Managing existing grants and ensuring program deliverables are met and reports are submitted.
- Supporting efforts to increase our mid and major gift programs.
- Helping to grow our Corporate Partners program through researching new companies and maintaining relationships with existing partners.
Foundation Stewardship (40%)
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and program concepts for funders.
- Take the lead on grant submissions, including compiling the necessary attachments and working with program and policy staff to develop proposals that align with our priorities and agenda.
- Help build relationships with foundations through outreach, meetings, and funders briefings.
- Keep organized and accessible files and folders for all submissions.
- Manage an organized calendar of proposal and report deadlines.
- Conduct extensive and targeted prospect research for foundations and corporate giving programs.
Corporate Partners (25%)
- Assist the Vice President of Development with managing our Corporate Partners program, including helping with our monthly Eco-Breakfasts.
- Researching and conducting outreach to prospective corporate partners.
- Work with program staff to identify and cultivate corporate sponsorships for events, policy forums, and educational activities.
Mid and Major Gifts (25%)
- Assist with moves management and donor tracking.
- Identify prospective donors through research and networking.
- Support the communications team by drafting fundraising emails, mid-year mailers, and newsletters.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and CRM.
- Skilled communicator: excellent writer, active listener, and articulate speaker.
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
Job title and salary (range $60,000-$80,000) commensurate with experience.
NYLCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates.
Holiday, vacation, 401k plan, commuter benefits, and health/dental/vision benefits.
How to Apply