The New York League of Conservation Voters (NYLCV) is the only statewide environmental organization in New York that fights for clean water, clean air, renewable energy, and open space through political action. We are non-partisan, pragmatic, and effective. Along with its sister organizations, the NYLCV Education Fund, NYLCV PAC, and NYLCV Gives Green, we educate the public about a broad range of important issues, evaluate the performance of elected officials, and endorse and elect by campaigning for the passage of laws during the legislative season and candidates in the electoral season.
NYLCV is hiring a Digital Organizer who will integrate field organizing with online action and work with the Senior Director of Programs and Director of Communications to oversee the online presence for NYLCV. The focus of this role is on building, engaging, and growing our online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy, and other Conservation Voter Movement tools. The Digital Organizer will use grassroots and digital tools to advance our campaigns and strategy in the field and online, to mobilize and grow our statewide base of volunteers and supporters around our organizing campaigns. This position will be part of a dynamic, skilled, and growing data-driven team, working closely with the Programs and Communications teams, community members and leaders. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about the environment and the fight for climate justice, and ready to take action to hold elected officials accountable and advocate for community driven solutions.
- Engage supporters to take action and stay connected with our programs through email, social media, digital ads, mobile platforms, petitions, website(s), and other online mediums including organizing online supporters to take offline action to support our campaigns and program.
- Work with the Senior Director of Programs to steward our membership and volunteer programs including acquisition, training, and ongoing management.
- Work with the Senior Director of Programs to ensure accurate data program tracking related to the email lists, acquisition, event participation, signups, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of our campaigns and programs and to inform future strategies.
- Work with the Communications Director to produce and disseminate multimedia content and promote via social media, email newsletters, etc.
- Management of social media and maintaining all digital content up to date including updating website as needed and maintaining all multimedia content across programs and campaigns.
- Support creation of online content for events, training, and volunteer opportunities; including, but not limited to, flyers, online forms, social media posts, zoom functions and technology, etc.
- Work with and train volunteers on best online digital practices and support implementation.
- Find new innovative opportunities for audience expansion by staying connected to peers and digital communities. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in one of the following fields: social media management, online organizing, online marketing, communications, email advocacy, or new media. Experience using online tools to grow, engage and mobilize a membership base.
- Preferred: grassroots organizing, issue based or candidate campaign experience. Experience in a political context.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Forward-thinking, innovative, and creative mindset. Ability to work with a team and in the community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues.
- Preferred: CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills are a plus.
- Working Conditions: This job operates both in a professional office environment and in outdoor and indoor public spaces, and the person will be exposed to outdoor elements such as precipitation, wind, and high/low temperatures. This position is occasionally sedentary; however, attending meetings and canvassing out in the communities is also frequently required. The person in the position will frequently be expected to move about to accomplish tasks and move between sites. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. The person in this position frequently communicates with community members and must be able to exchange accurate information. Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours as needed; ability and willingness to travel in the state for up to 10% of the time.
NYLCV is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates.
Location: The candidate will have a hybrid schedule with weekly travel to NYLCV’s office in Lower Manhattan.
Compensation and Title: NYLCV offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience (range of $50,000 to $60,000), along with holiday, vacation, 401k plan, and health/dental/vision benefits.
Process: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org