The New York League of Conservation Voters (NYLCV) is the only statewide environmental organization in New York that fights for clean water, clean air, renewable energy, and open space through political action. We’re non-partisan, pragmatic, and effective. Along with its sister organizations, the NYLCV Education Fund, NYLCV PAC, and NYLCV Gives Green, we educate the public about a broad range of important issues, evaluate the performance of elected officials, and endorse and elect by campaigning for the passage of laws during the legislative season and candidates in the electoral season.
The Development Fellow will report to the Events and Major Gifts Manager and will work closely with the VP of Development and Sr. Director of Development.
- Creating weekly Revenue Reports
- Conducting update to NYLCV database
- Supporting the Events & Major Gifts Manager with the yearly Audit
- Compiling, printing, and organizing monthly tax-deductible recognition letters to donors
- Assistance with NYLCV’s Corporate Partners program including drafting renewal letters, creating invoices, managing invitations emails and guest list
- Assisting with donor research
- Provide support with in-person event operations
- General administrative assistance
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to multitask and conduct multiple projects simultaneously
- Event operation experience a is a plus
- Experience working with EveryAction is a plus
- General interest in environmental issues such as climate change, open spaces, transportation, and public health
- General interest in social and environmental justice
Location: New York City
NYLCV’s headquarters are located in downtown Manhattan. This position will require travel occasionally to periodic events and programs throughout New York City and elsewhere in the State.
NOTE: NYLCV is currently operating on a hybrid work setting.
Length and Compensation: This is a paid, project based fellowship that lasts for a year with a potential extension dependent on performance and available funding. Compensation is $18-20/hour based on experience and the fellow will be expected to work between 10-20 hours per week.
NYLCV is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage BIPOC candidates to apply.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org