Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager will support a range of fundraising efforts for NYLCV and NYLCV Education Fund’s general operations and programs. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, has meticulous attention to detail, and a superior written communicator. This position will play a key role in the organization’s success by assisting with the following activities:
- Building organizational capacity by conducting prospect research on foundations and companies.
- Helping the organization expand its portfolio of foundation supporters through grant writing, relationship building, and strategizing.
- Managing existing grants and ensuring program deliverables are met and coordinate and submit reports.
- Participate in board member management.
- Support Vice President of Development in executing fundraising plans to reach fundraising goals.
- Helping to grow our Corporate Partners program through researching new companies and maintaining relationships with existing partners.
Foundation and Grant Stewardship (50%)
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and program concepts for funders
- Take the lead on grant application and reporting submissions, including compiling the necessary attachments and working with program and policy staff to develop proposals that align with our priorities and agenda
- Cultivate relationships with foundations through outreach, meetings, and funders briefings
- Keep organized and accessible files and folders for all submissions
- Manage an organized calendar of proposal and report deadlines
- Conduct extensive and targeted prospect research for foundations and corporate giving programs
Corporate Partners (25%)
- Assist the Vice President of Development with managing our Corporate Partners program, including helping with our monthly Eco-Breakfasts
- Researching and conducting outreach to prospective corporate partners
- Work with program staff to identify and cultivate corporate sponsorships for events, policy forums, and educational activities
Board Management (25%)
- Manage state and chapter board membership
- Coordinate stewardship of board members
- Assist Vice President of Development in board oversight
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of three to five years experience, preferably in nonprofit fundraising experience or grant writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and CRM (NYLCV uses Every Action)
- Skilled communicator: excellent writer, active listener, and articulate speaker
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop and track budgets
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
NYLCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates.
Compensation and title: Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job title and salary (range $55,000-$75,000) commensurate with experience. NYLCV also provides holiday, vacation, 401k plan, commuter benefits, and health/dental/vision benefits.
Location: NYLCV’s headquarters at 30 Broad Street – 30th Floor, NY, NY 10004, this job is hybrid with the opportunity to work remotely part-time.