The New York League of Conservation Voters (NYLCV) is the only statewide environmental organization in New York that fights for clean water, clean air, renewable energy, and open space through political action. We’re non-partisan, pragmatic, and effective. Along with its sister organizations, the NYLCV Education Fund, NYLCV PAC, and NYLCV Gives Green, we educate the public about a broad range of important issues, evaluate the performance of elected officials, and endorse and elect by campaigning for the passage of laws during the legislative season and candidates in the electoral season.
The Development Assistant will support the Development Department with all of its fundraising activities. This person will report to the Development Manager and will work closely with the Senior Director of Development and Chief of Staff.
- Updating gifts pledged and received in NYLCV database
- Processing and depositing checks
- Supporting the Development Manager with the yearly audit
- Compiling, printing, and organizing acknowledgement letters to donors
- Scheduling development related meetings internally and externally
- Updating and tracking board contact information in database and assisting with twice yearly board engagement profiles
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Supporting the Development Manager with event planning and checklists
- Building event sign up forms using the NYLCV database
- Tracking RSVPs and contributions in NYLCV database
- Drafting invitations and event promotional materials
- Supporting the Development team with day-of event logistics and operations
- Researching event venues and sponsors as needed
- Developing donor profiles
- Conducting research on foundations
- Supporting the Development Manager & Senior Director of Development with the NYLCV Education Fund Corporate Partners program, including creating invoices, drafting invitations to Eco-Breakfasts, managing guest lists, and researching prospective partners
- Drafting fundraising appeals and working with the Communications Department to brainstorm and execute creative ways of engaging our donors
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to multitask and conduct multiple projects simultaneously
- Event operation experience is a plus
- Experience working within a CRM is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with board members and donors
- General interest in environmental issues such as climate change, open spaces, transportation, and public health
- General interest in social and environmental justice
Location: New York City
NYLCV’s headquarters are located in downtown Manhattan. This position will require travel occasionally to periodic events and programs throughout New York City and elsewhere in the State.
This is a permanent full-time position based in New York City although NYLCV is currently operating in a hybrid work setting. The salary range for this position is $45K – $50K (depending on experience) along with holiday, vacation, 401k plan, and health/dental/vision benefits.
NYLCV is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage BIPOC candidates to apply.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com