The New York League of Conservation Voters is the only statewide environmental organization in New York that fights for clean water, clean air, renewable energy and open space through political action. We’re non-partisan, pragmatic and effective. Along with its sister organizations, the NYLCV Education Fund and the NYLCV PAC, we educate the public about a broad range of important issues, evaluate the performance of elected officials, and endorse and elect by campaigning for the passage of laws during the legislative season and candidates in the electoral season.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff as Manager of Digital Communications. This position works closely with the Communications Director to develop and market NYLCV’s brand and message across multiple platforms, primarily through digital channels. The Manager of Digital Communications is responsible for recruiting, engaging, mobilizing, tracking, and fundraising from NYLCV’s subscribers and members. The job will focus on increasing the number of individuals interacting with NYLCV and engaging those individuals in higher levels of participation throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is flexible, entrepreneurial, tech-savvy, and a superior written and oral communicator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implement public relations and membership engagement plan.
- Manage member e-mail communications including action alerts, fundraising appeals, report backs, event invites, etc.
- Grow and maintain database using best practices for list health and creative list growth techniques.
- Create and manage content for our digital channels, including: nylcv.org, nylcvef.
org, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop and implement a plan for reaching online fundraising goals .
- Occasional graphic design work for infographics, emails, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of relevant experience in membership engagement, communications, digital media, development, marketing or a related field.
- Excellent copy-writing skills (emails, web content, and social media copy).
- Demonstrated social media platform management fluency (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), including community building and analytics, and campaign strategy and management.
- Strong technology proficiency, including: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, WordPress, basic HTML, and customer relationship software.
- Fluency within the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat).
- Digital media marketing experience (paid and organic) including: Facebook ads, Google ads, and online display ads.
- Experience working within an organization’s brand guidelines and guardianship.
- Ability and willingness to work well as part of a small team.
- Strong strategic, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Awareness or demonstrated interest in New York City and State politics, as well as environmental and sustainability issues.
- Flexible, and able to switch tasks as priorities dictate.
Location: NYLCV’s headquarters are located in downtown Manhattan. This position will require minimal travel to periodic events and programming around New York State.
Compensation: NYLCV offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with holiday, vacation, 401k plan, and health/dental benefits.
Process: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.